Skip to main content

History can tell us that times change. What works for you right now, may not work for you in the future. The same can be said when it comes to getting divorced, which is why our divorce lawyers at the Lake of the Ozarks are here to give you some information on what divorce agreement modifications are possible. If you feel like something you and your ex put in your divorce agreement no longer works for you and some time has passed and you think it should be changed, contact an experienced divorce attorney at the Lake of the Ozarks as soon as possible. Deputy and Mizell can be reached at our Lebanon office at 417-532-2191 or our Camdenton office at 573-346-9990 for your free consultation today.

Deputy & Mizell, Injury Attorneys near Lake of the Ozarks

It Could Be Possible To…

Change your parenting plan up some.

Parenting plans are the plans organized by the court that determine how child-rearing responsibilities will be divided between two parents who wish to separate. These plans encompass both custody and visitation issues. There are a number of situations that may spur one parent to modify the parenting plan, such as:

  1. One parent is abusing the children.
  2. One parent’s new spouse is not willing to raise the children in accordance with the other parent’s values.

Change up your alimony payments.

Spousal support (also called spousal maintenance or alimony) is a court order that requires a higher-earning spouse to provide financial assistance to a lower-earning spouse after the divorce. Some situations that may warrant a modification of this order include:

  1. The higher-earning spouse losing his/her job, taking a position with a lower salary, or otherwise suffering a pay cut.
  2. The lower-earning spouse taking a position with a greater salary.

Alternatively, the higher-earning spouse may take a position with an even greater salary, and the lower-earning spouse may wish to modify the agreement to change the amount of support he/she is receiving.

To change the amount of your child support payments

Child support is court-ordered financial support that the noncustodial parent may be required to provide to the custodial parent. It is designed to offset the day-to-day costs of child-rearing, such as clothing, education, healthcare, dental care, food, etc. Situations wherein parents may try to modify a child support order could include:

  1. Parents may also attempt to modify child support orders in the same situations as spouses may desire to modify spousal support orders, such as one spouse experiencing a significant change in his/her financial situation.
  2. A child is seriously injured or receives a medical diagnosis that will require extensive (and expensive) care.
    The noncustodial parent has children with a new partner and wishes to devote more financial resources to the new family.

Deputy & Mizell, Injury Attorneys near Lake of the Ozarks

Venturing into the unknown can always be scary no matter what aspect of life you are dealing with. When you are trying to change your divorce agreement, you may not know how your ex is going to react and how it will affect your life. This is why it is so important to have an experienced divorce attorney in Mid-Missouri on your side. Call our offices today for your free consultation.


Deputy & Mizell, Injury Attorneys near Lake of the Ozarks

Contact Deputy & Mizell, LLC to schedule your private (FREE) consultation today.

Representing Clients Across the Lake of the Ozarks Region

                                             Lebanon: 417-532-2191                                               

Camdenton: 573-346-9990