The drunk driving lawyers at Deputy & Mizell, L.L.C. have helped countless victims who have suffered serious injuries at the hands of another. If you or your family member has been injured in a drunk driving accident, our compassionate personal injury attorneys in the Lake of the Ozarks can help make things right! We will fight for your recovery, both physically and financially after a DUI crash. Contact us today for a free consultation.SCHEDULE A FREE CONSULTATION
Missouri DUI Laws
Whether the driver feels impaired by their use of alcohol or not, drivers are considered alcohol-impaired by law if they have a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.08% or higher. Missouri law permits an enhanced penalty for having a BAC of 0.15% or higher. Additionally, Missouri follows a “zero tolerance” policy which means that if the driver is under the legal drinking age of 21 years old, they are subject to an even lower BAC level of 0.02%.
Drunk Driving Accident Injuries
Getting behind the wheel of a car while intoxicated is one of the most dangerous things a person can do. Innocent pedestrians, cyclists, and vehicle drivers suffer life-altering injuries or death because of an impaired driver’s reckless choices.
Injuries sustained after a drunk driving accident can be mental and physical. They can not only lead to thousands of dollars in medical bills, but also can affect the victim’s ability to work temporarily or permanently.
Some of the most common drunk driving injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) – These injuries disrupt the normal function of the brain and can cause motor function and cognition issues, coma, etc.
- Back and spine injuries – These injuries can include paralysis, spine fractures, spinal disc injuries, back strains and sprains, extreme back pain or pressure, etc.
- Broken bones – These injuries can require multiple surgeries as well as lead to physical disabilities or even the loss of a limb.
- Skin lacerations and burns – These injuries can result in serious skin damage, pain, and permanent scarring and disfigurement.
- Psychological injuries – These injuries can include depression, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorders (PTSD).
How Our Drunk Driving Attorneys Can Help
After an accident, it is important to hire a personal injury attorney that has experience bringing claims against drunk drivers. Having the right firm by your side fighting for you can make all the difference in being awarded the damages you deserve.
Our drunk driving accident attorneys will:
- Investigate and gather evidence for your case – To recover compensation from a drunk driver or their insurer, you must be able to prove that the drunk driver’s negligent actions caused the accident. To prove fault, we will gather police reports, proof of a BAC above the legal limit, field sobriety tests, etc.
- Prove damages – There must be proof that you have suffered damages as a result of the accident. Damages might include loss of wages, medical costs, pain and suffering, or wrongful death.
- Negotiate a settlement – Even if you have proof that the drunk driving accident was not your fault, the insurance company will typically not want to provide fair compensation for your losses. We will aggressively negotiate on your behalf to recover what you deserve. If we cannot reach a fair settlement, our lawyers are more than ready to take your claim to court.
We are here for you and can assist you in the complex claim filing process as well as help you understand your rights and options throughout your case.
Lake of the Ozarks Drunk Driving Lawyers
If you have been harmed due to a drunk driver’s negligence or careless act, the experienced drunk driving attorneys at Deputy & Mizell can help fight for compensation to get your life back on track! We represent clients in the Lake of the Ozarks and surrounding areas. Contact us for a free case evaluation.CONTACT US | SCHEDULE A FREE CONSULTATION