Have you ever known someone who got hurt in car accident that was caused by a drunk driver? Did they get hit with a TON of medical bills they had no way to pay for? That just isn’t right in our eyes. The Missouri personal injury attorneys at Deputy and Mizell are here for you. If you someone who was hurt in a car accident caused by a drunk driver, please call us for a free consultation. Let our drunk driving attorneys in Camdenton and Lebanon, MO, fight for you to get you the compensation you deserve for your injuries. Call 417-532-2191 today for your consultation, the first one is free. In the meantime, keep reading this week’s blog for the answers to a few DWI accident frequently asked questions.
DWI Accident FAQs
Q: What are the laws in Missouri regarding Drinking While Driving?
A: Whether the driver feels impaired by their use of alcohol or not, drivers are considered alcohol-impaired by law if they have a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.08% or higher. Missouri law permits an enhanced penalty for having a BAC of 0.15% or higher. Additionally, Missouri follows a “zero tolerance” policy which means that if the driver is under the legal drinking age of 21 years old, they are subject to an even lower BAC level of 0.02%.
Q: What are some of the most common drunk driving injuries?
A: Some of the most common injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) – These injuries disrupt the normal function of the brain and can cause motor function and cognition issues, coma, etc.
- Back and spine injuries – These injuries can include paralysis, spine fractures, spinal disc injuries, back strains and sprains, extreme back pain or pressure, etc.
- Broken bones – These injuries can require multiple surgeries as well as lead to physical disabilities or even the loss of a limb.
- Skin lacerations and burns – These injuries can result in serious skin damage, pain, and permanent scarring and disfigurement.
- Psychological injuries – These injuries can include depression, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorders (PTSD).
Q: If I’ve been injured in a car accident caused by a drunk driver, how can an experienced personal injury attorney help me?
A: Our drunk driving accident attorneys will:
- Investigate and gather evidence for your case – To recover compensation from a drunk driver or their insurer, you must be able to prove that the drunk driver’s negligent actions caused the accident. To prove fault, we will gather police reports, proof of a BAC above the legal limit, field sobriety tests, etc.
- Prove damages – There must be proof that you have suffered damages as a result of the accident. Damages might include loss of wages, medical costs, pain and suffering, or wrongful death.
- Negotiate a settlement – Even if you have proof that the drunk driving accident was not your fault, the insurance company will typically not want to provide fair compensation for your losses. We will aggressively negotiate on your behalf to recover what you deserve. If we cannot reach a fair settlement, our lawyers are more than ready to take your claim to court.
We are here for you and can assist you in the complex claim filing process as well as help you understand your rights and options throughout your case
Do You Need Help Getting Compensation For Your Injuries Caused By A Drunk Driver?
Our personal injury attorneys in Camdenton and Lebanon are here for you! If you have been harmed due to a drunk driver’s negligence or careless act, the experienced drunk driving attorneys at Deputy & Mizell can help fight for compensation to get your life back on track. Give us a call today at our Lebanon office. The phone number is listed below. You can also follow us on our social media channels listed below to stay up to date on our latest announcements.
Contact Deputy & Mizell, LLC to schedule your private (FREE) consultation today.
Representing Clients Across the Lake of the Ozarks Region