Who’s driving down to the Lake of the Ozarks this weekend for Memorial weekend? Typically, many will travel to this area this time of year for a fun holiday weekend with friends and family. As you’re driving around the area, be careful! Be alert at all times. You never know what can happen or what unexpected situation may occur. To that point, have you ever thought about what you would do if you saw someone who was clearly intoxicated and shouldn’t be behind the wheel, but they are? Our personal injury attorneys in Camdenton and Lebanon, MO, are here to give you a few tips on what to do if you see an intoxicated person driving, in this week’s blog. If you or someone you love has been injured in a car accident caused by a drunk driver, contact our Missouri personal injury attorneys today. Get the compensation you deserve for your injuries. Call today for your consultation, the first one is free. Deputy and Mizell can be reached at 417-532-2191.
What To Do If You See An Intoxicated Person Driving
If you believe you have identified a drunk driver, your first priority should always be to keep yourself and your passengers safe.
- Leave several car lengths between you and the intoxicated driver so you can have time to react to their sudden, erratic movements.
- Call the police and inform them that you may have identified a drunk driver.
- If you can do so without compromising your own safety, we recommend obtaining the vehicle’s license number, make, model, and color, as this information will help the police officers identify the vehicle/driver in question.
Know what to look for, here are a few of the common signs you’re seeing someone intoxicated that is “trying” to drive.
- Straddling lane markers
- Driving slowly (often 10 mph below the speed limit or less)
- Neglecting to turn on the headlights at night
- Almost colliding with vehicles or other objects
- Driving on the wrong side of the road
- Drifting in and out of traffic lanes
- Sudden acceleration and deceleration
- Jerky, sudden turns
- Over-correction when steering
- Slow or delayed response to traffic signals
Do You Need An Experienced Personal Injury Attorney To Fight For Your Compensation?
No one should ever have to endure being in a tragic accident caused by a drunk driver, but unfortunately, it does happen! If you or someone you love ever finds themselves in this sort of situation, you should never have to pay for the medical bills that will inevitably come about on your own. Call today and allow us to fight for the compensation you DESERVE for your injuries. We can be reached at the Lebanon Law Office listed below. You can also follow us on our social media channels listed below to stay up to date on our latest announcements.
Contact Deputy & Mizell, LLC to schedule your private (FREE) consultation today.
Representing Clients Across the Lake of the Ozarks Region