Have you ever known someone who was injured in a car accident caused by a drunk driver? You honestly never know what may happen when a family member leaves the house and gets in their car to go for a drive one day. What you should know, is that you can reach out to an EXPERIENCED car accident attorney at the Lake of the Ozarks if your family has ever been affected this way. Keep reading this week’s blog to learn about a few common examples of injuries that are sustained from a car accident caused by a drunk driver and what our drunk driving accident attorneys in Missouri can to do help. If this sounds like something you can relate to, call Deputy and Mizell today for your free initial consultation.
Drunk Driving Accident Injuries
Getting behind the wheel of a car while intoxicated is one of the most dangerous things a person can do. Innocent pedestrians, cyclists, and vehicle drivers suffer life-altering injuries or death because of an impaired driver’s reckless choices.
Injuries sustained after a drunk driving accident can be mental and physical. They can not only lead to thousands of dollars in medical bills, but also can affect the victim’s ability to work temporarily or permanently.
Some of the most common drunk driving injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) – These injuries disrupt the normal function of the brain and can cause motor function and cognition issues, coma, etc.
- Back and spine injuries – These injuries can include paralysis, spine fractures, spinal disc injuries, back strains and sprains, extreme back pain or pressure, etc.
- Broken bones – These injuries can require multiple surgeries as well as lead to physical disabilities or even the loss of a limb.
- Skin lacerations and burns – These injuries can result in serious skin damage, pain, and permanent scarring and disfigurement.
- Psychological injuries – These injuries can include depression, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorders (PTSD).
How Our Drunk Driving Attorneys Can Help
After an accident, it is important to hire a personal injury attorney that has experience bringing claims against drunk drivers. Having the right firm by your side fighting for you can make all the difference in being awarded the damages you deserve.
Our drunk driving accident attorneys will:
- Investigate and gather evidence for your case – To recover compensation from a drunk driver or their insurer, you must be able to prove that the drunk driver’s negligent actions caused the accident. To prove fault, we will gather police reports, proof of a BAC above the legal limit, field sobriety tests, etc.
- Prove damages – There must be proof that you have suffered damages as a result of the accident. Damages might include loss of wages, medical costs, pain and suffering, or wrongful death.
- Negotiate a settlement – Even if you have proof that the drunk driving accident was not your fault, the insurance company will typically not want to provide fair compensation for your losses. We will aggressively negotiate on your behalf to recover what you deserve. If we cannot reach a fair settlement, our lawyers are more than ready to take your claim to court.
We are here for you and can assist you in the complex claim filing process as well as help you understand your rights and options throughout your case.
Get Your Questions Answered By Deputy and Mizell.
We understand that this is a scary time and you are may not be sure how to go about this process, but your family member should still get the compensation he or she deserves for his injuries/medical bills. That’s where we come in. Our experienced attorneys are here for you. Give us a call today and get your questions answered in your free initial consultation.
Contact Deputy & Mizell, LLC to schedule your private (FREE) consultation today.
Representing Clients Across the Lake of the Ozarks Region