The holidays are coming up and let’s face it, businesses can be busier than ever, restaurants, shopping malls, department stores, etc. Mistakes happen and it is the responsibility of all business or property owners to ensure a hazard-free environment for all shoppers or visitors. If you slip and fall because the floors were still wet from being mopped at your local department store while you were shopping for Christmas presents or because a table at your local restaurant was improperly bussed and you slipped on food that was left all over the floor, you may have a substantial claim for your injuries. These are just a couple of examples. If you feel you may have a real slip and fall case at the Lake of the Ozarks call our experienced Mid-MO attorneys today for your free consultation. We can be reached at Lebanon office at 417-532-2191 or our Camdenton office at 573-346-9990. In the meantime, keep reading for five need-to-know factors in a slip and fall accident case.
5 NEED-TO-KNOW Factors in a Slip and Fall Accident Case
Slip-and-fall settlements are calculated based on the following factors:
- Who caused the accident? Is one person at fault, or are multiple people liable?
- Where did the incident occur? Did the incident happen on public property, private property, or at work?
- When was the incident reported? Was a workers’ compensation claim filed within two years of the incident? Did the victim file a personal injury claim against the property owner within Missouri’s injury statute of five years?
- What was the severity of the accident? Did the victim suffer partial or total injuries, and were they impermanent or permanent?
- Is there proof of the accident and injuries? Was a police report filed right away? Is there a medical report?
You Should Get The Compensation You Deserve for Your Slip and Fall Case and Deputy and Mizell is Here For You!
Depending on the circumstances surrounding your accident, you could be facing:
- Significant medical bills
- Time away from work
- A substantial recovery period
Negotiating a slip-and-fall settlement can be challenging, but with our knowledgeable slip-and-fall accident attorneys at the Lake of the Ozarks on your side, the process is stress-free. We can protect you from the insurance company’s tactics and fight to get you the compensation you will need to accommodate your recovery.
Slip-and-fall accidents can be caused by many things that are out of your control, such as:
- Icy or unsalted walkways
- Loose carpeting or tile
- Dangerous stairways
- Missing or broken handrails
- Insufficient lighting
- Unsecured furniture
- Lack of safety signs in a work environment
- Wet or slick flooring
- Unmarked spills
- Other hazards
Our firm has represented injury victims in a variety of slip-and-fall and trip-and-fall accident claims, including the following:
- Grocery stores
- Shopping malls
- Apartment buildings
- Office buildings
- Private residences
If you are in need of an experienced attorney at the Lake of the Ozarks to handle your slip-and-fall case, give us a call today.
Contact Deputy & Mizell, LLC to schedule your private (FREE) consultation today.
Representing Clients Across the Lake of the Ozarks Region