It’s summer 2018 and the Lake of the Ozarks is THE place to be. Each year thousands of people come from all over to boat on the #1 recreational lake in the nation, voted by USA Today. We can’t stress enough how important it is to boat responsibly. Too many people have been injured on the Lake as a result of careless boating. If you find yourself the victim of a careless boating accident, call Deputy and Mizell at 417-532-2191 for your free consultation. Our boating accident lawyers at the Lake of the Ozarks promise to devote the time and attention needed to help you seek the best possible resolution of your case. Keep reading for a few examples of common boat injuries at the Lake of the Ozarks and tips on how to try and avoid getting them.
Common Boat Injuries on the Lake of the Ozarks
Unfortunately, there are several types of injuries that occur at the Lake. Here are a few examples.
- Serious injuries incurred while tubing
- Fatal injuries incurred during boating while intoxicated
- Minor injuries caused by speeding
- Serious injuries incurred when 2 boats collided
Common Causes of Boat Injuries on the Lake of the Ozarks
Too often people come to the Lake of the Ozarks for a little fun in the sun and leave injured or worse. The Lake of the Ozarks can be really enjoyable but it takes all of us working together to be safe. Here are a few examples of the common causes of boat injuries at the Lake of the Ozarks.
- Boating while intoxicated
- Not paying attention
- Boating at night without the proper lighting needed
- Boating while under the influence of drugs
Tips to Avoid Common Boat Injuries at the Lake of the Ozarks
Avoid getting injured and boat responsibly. Here are a few tips to stick to while trying to be safe on the Lake.
- Designate a sober captain
- Do not speed over the posted legal speed limit
- Pay attention to the other boats around and be aware of how fast they are going
- Pay attention to swimmers, fishermen, or other people who may be around you but not in a boat
- Be aware of the weather forecast BEFORE you get out on the water
At the law office of Deputy & Mizell, L.L.C., we represent individuals who have been injured in boating accidents in the Lake of the Ozarks region. We have offices in Lebanon and Camdenton and represent people in Sunrise Beach, Lowry, Lake Ozark and other towns throughout the region. For more information on our boating accident lawyers, visit our website at www.DeputyandMizell.com. To schedule a free consultation, call 417-532-2191.
Contact Deputy & Mizell, LLC to schedule your private (FREE) consultation today.
Representing Clients Across the Lake of the Ozarks Region
Lebanon: 417-532-2191 Facebook
Camdenton: 573-346-9990 Twitter
Eldon: 573-227-3788 Google+