Becoming an attorney can be a long and difficult process, but in the end can be worth the effort! The Law Office of Deputy & Mizell would like to give you some tips and ideas if you decide the journey to becoming a lawyer is something that interests you. We will be featuring some ideas in a series of blogs on how to start your journey in law, some ideas for getting into Law School, and some tips for taking the LSAT.
So you want to become a Lawyer?
- Build great study habits early
- Work on getting the best possible grades you can
- Participate in as many school activities as possible to make yourself a well rounded student
- Decide early if a career in Law is right for you
- Get advice from counselor
- Get involved with your high-school debate team or mock trial team
- This will help you develop great skills that will help you in a career in law
- Most lawyers do not spend a lot of time in court, but your public speaking skills will be valuable
- Thinking critically is an important skill for a future lawyer
- Find the right 4 year undergraduate program
- Get into the best university that you can!
- Find a school with a great pre-law program
- Pick your degree carefully. This can impact your acceptance into a top law school.
- Study English, public speaking, government, history, philosophy, economics, and math
- Find a Mentor
- Choose a professor you admire and ask them to help mentor you
- Choose a mentor that preferably has a law background
- Ask for a good recommendation from your mentor
- Finally, start your preparation for applying to Law School EARLY!
- LSAT preparation
- Letter’s of Recommendation
Speak to the best lawyers at the Lake of the Ozarks
Contact our office today to discuss your probate questions with one of our attorneys in Miller County. We are available during regular business hours and by appointment evenings and weekends. You can reach us by phone at 417-532-2191, toll free at 1-877-532-2191 or via e-mail to schedule your free initial consultation with a lawyer.